Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

We've had a busy Labor Day weekend around our house! Tropical Depression Isaac came through Friday and we thought we were going to have to cancel our plans, but it ended up clearing up faster than we'd thought. So, we packed up and headed out early Saturday morning. We started for Little Rock and got there just about lunch time -- just in time for the amazing taco salad spread my mom had for us.

We spent the afternoon hanging out in LR with my family. Sugar and Stewart came over and Sug and I got to go out for a bit and do some baby shopping. I have to say that the highlight of the weekend was getting to feel my nephew kick for the first time!

We spent the rest of Saturday hanging around the house, watching the kids play, eating bbq for dinner and laughing around the table after dinner -- so hard that at one point I was crying!

After the kids were settled for the night, I got to spend some time working with my dad on my lesson for class on Wednesday night. I'm getting to speak in our Women's class this week and I'm very excited and very nervous. Although, after this weekend I feel ready for it -- finally!I've been working on it for awhile now and I just needed some help tying up some loose ends. I know that I'm one very lucky girl to have such an great resource at my disposal and my dad was infinitely helpful and encouraging.

Sunday morning we got up and went to early service at PV which was great, as always. Then we headed up to Searcy to visit with Grammy & Pops. We had lunch with them and enjoyed getting to visit -- poor Pops was laid up most of the time with a bad back but we still had a fun time. We headed home that afternoon so we'd have Monday to catch up and get ready for the week. Matt had a crazy week last week and we needed a day to recoup.

Today has been a full day around our house. We've had a great mixture of work and fun -- I went to the grocery store, we went to a new park, Matt mowed our very weedy lawn, I worked out, we went to the pool, I finished my power point, Matt worked on his on-line class, we played on the blowup and I got a new phone. It's been a very full and fun day!

No comments: