Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sleeping Beauty

I love this picture of Charlotte sleeping with her baby. I have it on my phone as well and she loves to look at it. 
We have quite the bedtime routine with Charlotte. It's one of my favorite parts of the day -- she is so sweet and we have such a good time getting her ready for bed.

Charlotte is my rocking baby -- she loves to rock! She won't rock all the way to sleep, but we rock and talk and sing each night. She started to say her own prayers this summer (June 24 for the first time). She says folds her little hands and says "Dear God, Thank you mommy, daddy, bubba, sissy, char-char." Then she fills in the rest with things from her day -- we often hear ice cream, bed, books, park, slide, etc. I usually cut her off and say " In Jesus Name" and she yells AMEN and throws her hands up in the air!

She also looooves to sing. We have quite a repetoire of songs that we sing. She can sing and knows the words to:
*Jesus loves me
*Jesus loves the little children
*Oh how I love Jesus -- this is one of my favorites. There is nothing like her little voice singing this and she knows the first verse as well. :)
*This is the day the Lord has made
*Oh God you are my God
*You are my sunshine
*The Wise Man
*Gospel Chariot
*Christian Light
*God made the round sun
*This is my Father's World

I'm sure there are more, but this is off the top of my head. :) She loves to sing and is like a sponge learning the words to these songs. I love when we sing one of them in church and she gets to sing along.

We sing and sing at night before bed while we rock. She snuggles up to us and is so sweet. When it's time to tuck her in, she roots down in her bed. We have to go over a list before we leave -- she askes if there is Thunder, Rain, Boom-booms (thunder again), flies, lightening. We say no to each of them and then she's off to sleep. Thankfully she is still an amazing sleeper -- she has to be to keep her energy level so high during the day!

No comments: