Monday, November 5, 2012

Charlotte's Big Adventure

A couple of weeks ago, Charlotte had quite an exciting few days. She took her first trip away from home and stayed with Mimi & Grandad for a couple of days.
 
I was planning to go to Madeleine & Harrison's fall parties one Friday and was thinking that I'd have to get a sitter for most of the day. The parties weren't at the same time, but rather would mean I was going to be at the school from around 10-2 that day. It might have worked for awhile, but Charlotte would be cranky from not napping and I really wanted to be there for Harrison's first party and I'm the Homeroom Mom for Madeleine's class and actually had to be there.
 
So, my parents came to the rescue and my mom met me half way and got Charlotte on Wednesday. She was so excited! She asked me over and over if it was time for her to go to Mimi's house. I wasn't sure how she would do, but she never missed a beat and had a great time!
 
As I was loading her up in the car and hugging and kissing on her and telling her how much I was going to miss her, she looked over at me and pointed to my car and said, "Mommy, just get in the car and GO!" Ha! She was ready for me to be gone and her to be on her way to Mimi's house! 


I'm so thankful that my parents were able to help me out and that Charlotte had such a fun time! She's still talking about it. :) I think it did her good to get to do something special just for her for a couple of days. But, oh how I did miss her!

No comments: