Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall Parties

While Charlotte was off on her big adventure, I was able to go to both Madeleine & Harrison's parties. I'm so so thankful for this time that I got to spend with each of them. In the past, I've been to Madeleine's parties with 2 littles ones in tow. And while that was fun, it was especially nice to be able to spend some time one on one with them.
 
Madeleine's party was first. We combined both 3rd grade classes and had a fall carnival outside. It was such a beautiful day! We had 8 games for them to play and buckets of prizes for them. Each student went home with a bag full of goodies. 
  Finding a needle in the haystack.

 Bean bag toss.
 The kids played games and grazed on the mountains of sweets and snacks we had for them. Then they headed inside for a pizza party lunch -- backwards, I know, but late morning is the last break time her class has for the day. I got to stay and have lunch with her before heading up to Harrison's class for his party.

I (thankfully) only had to bring something for this one. The planning was up to someone else. :)So, I got to sit back and enjoy the time with my boy. They started out by painting pumpkins. It was also hat day & Harrison had just taken his hat off for the first time, thus the crazy hair.
 Then they decorated masks.

 Dance party!
 They ended the day with some snacks and sweets. This is Harrison with his best bud Jude. They are such sweet boys and not a day goes by that I don't hear about Jude. Crazy enough, Jude's dad & Matt actually played ball together at HU. And, his mom & I are involved in PTO together and tried and tried last year to get the boys to be friends with no luck. But, then came the first day of school. And, Harrison came home telling me all about his best friend Jude. It certainly made my heart happy!
 This is his other best friend -- Owen. There is a group of about 5 boys that do everything together. And, according to his teacher, they are all so sweet and nice. :)
It was such a fun day for me to spend with my two big kids! I'm thankful for this time one on one with them!

No comments: