Sunday, November 18, 2012

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

We were pretty busy around our house the weeks before Thanksgiving!
 
Harrison came home with the Family Turkey Project. We all worked on this together and he was so proud of it! I have to admit I was kinda hoping that they had phased this out since Madeleine was in kindergarten, but no luck. :)
 They also had a Thanksgiving Feast at their school. Only Kindgergarten dresses up & Harrison was so excited about this! They'd been working on their costume all week long and I'd been hearing about it each day -- I was excited to see his hard work when it came home! The kids wanted to buy their lunch that day and did which was a first for both of them.  They both ate turkey, dressing, potatos, green beans, rolls and pumpkin pudding cups (bleh!). They have been begging to buy their lunch all year (or in Madeleine's case years) and it was so easy that we might just do it more often! :)

 I made loaves of pumpkin bread and sent it to Charlotte's teachers. Madeleine & Harrison's teachers got some as well because the PTO did loaves for all the faculty and staff!
 It looked like I was opening a bread shop! Ha! My dining room was covered -- all 48 loaves! Thankfully, I didn't have to make all of it, but I did make 21 loaves. That's what happens when you're the PTO Teacher Appre Chairperson and have a great idea, I guess. At least my house smelled amazing by the time I was done!
 Madeleine got her first try at makeing cinnamon rolls! She was a great helper and we made 7 pans! Yum!
 I love baking with her and I love that she wants to help!

No comments: