Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weekend in Little Rock


We traveled down to Little Rock a couple of weekends ago so that Madeleine & I could go to Sugar's first baby shower. It was also the perfect time to pick Charlotte up after her "big adventure." I sure was glad to see my baby and I think she was pretty happy to see us too!
 
It was a book shower and Madeleine & I had a blast picking out the perfect books for babyD. We chose a bunch of our favorites -- it was funny to see them fresh from the store all nice and clean and not sticky! Ha!
 
The shower was hosted by one of my moms oldest and dearest friends and her girls. They were like our second family growing up and we spent countless hours playing at their home. So we girls had a blast catching up and remembering all the fun times we'd had there long ago. :) And, of course, Ms. Kathy always completely outdoes herself.
 
Here's a picture of the table. We had chicken salad sandwiches, fruit tarts, marbled brownies and yummy roasted pecans.
Since it was a book shower, she'd filled a table with antique books. Such fun!
After having some goodies to eat and watching Sugar open lots of cute books (I seriously got some cute Christmas ideas for Charlotte!) -- they had a fun craft for us to do! We made/stenciled onesies and bibs for babyD. It was so simple and easy and even I could turn out something cute. I won't even mention the adorable ones that some of these very very talented ladies did -- if only I had that kind of talent! This was definitely right up my crafty girl's alley. I think Madeleine did four or five of them!



This was mine and I'm quite proud of it!
The rest of the day on Saturday was spent hanging out at Mimis' house. Matt took Harrison and Charlotte to Searcy to see Grammy & Pops for the day. When they got home, "just the boys" went out for a special dinner to a fun train restaurant in LR while the girls stayed home and had pizza.

At one point the kids got to playing in Mimi & Grandad's closets. They came out looking like this:
And, this:
We relaxed that night and the kids colored....
and Matt caught up on some sports.
Sunday after church we celebrated Mimi's birthday. The kids were so excited to give their cards to her. Harrison showed off his new writing skills with his card!


It was such a fun weekend! I'm so glad that we were able to go and have such a fun weekend of celebrating!

No comments: