Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father"s Day!


I couldn't resist scanning in some old pictures of me and my dad, since it's Father's Day. The older I get and the more I raise my own children, the more convinced I am that I have been blessed with amazing parents! I used to think that my mom and dad were lucky to have kids that didn't really get into trouble -- good kids. Now, I realize that it wasn't us -- it was them all along. They made us into who we are today. So, in honor of Father's Day, some bits of knowledge I gained from my Dad.....
1. Think before you leap -- you never know if someone will be there to catch you
2. Check the weather forcast everyday
3. "A few kind words" can make someone's day
4. Tell your children "Yes" whenever you can, they grow up fast
5. Sometimes it's okay to eat dessert first
6. Tell your family you love them every day
7. Never let your tank of gas get below 1/4 full, in case of emergency
8. Doing the right thing is rarely the easy thing, but you'll be rewarded for doing it
9. Pray everyday
This list could go on forever. I just want to say that I really do thank God everyday for the Dad (and Mom) he gave to me. He lives what he believes, and challenges me to do the same.
Now, for the other "Father" in my life. The father of my children...




I know that I am equally blessed to have a husband that LOVES being a father. He plays tea party, colors, tickles, giggles, gives piggy-back rides and even shares his ice cream with Madeleine & Harrison. It is obvious to anyone that knows Matt, that he loves his children and enjoys being with them. There's no sense of duty, everything he does is out of love. If you aren't a parent, you haven't experienced what it is like to see your spouse love your children. I think that I fell in love all over again with Matt when Madeleine, and then Harrison, was born. I love watching him with them. He may not do everything my way, but that's what makes his way even more special. Who else would let them eat Goldfish Crackers and Ice Cream for dinner? :)

So, Happy Father's Day!


No comments: