Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Big "One"

Yesterday we celebrated Harrison's birthday with a family party. I debated over having a big party; but, in the end, I decided to just have a family party so I could enjoy his day more, too. :) We had a great day! We started the day by letting Harrison open his presents from us -- with a LOT of help from Madeleine. She pretty much opened every gift and had a bit of a hard time understanding that they weren't hers.

We bought him the Fisherprice Animal Train which he LOVED! I highly recommend this!

He also got a hammer which he loves to bang on everything & put in his mouth!
I decided to make his cake. I think it turned out pretty cute. It's party time! Harrison wore an adorable little outfit my mammy got for him. Isn't he cute! He loved the party and having everyone here loving on him. He is such a ham. :) After blowing out his candle when everyone clapped, he just waved and grinned at them!

I bought a little cake just for him. He actually liked it! He ate some of it -- probably too much since he threw it up late last night! Yuck!

Overall, it was an abolutely perfect day. Harrison was able to be surrounded by all the people that love him and celebrate with them. He actually seemed to have a lot of fun! He got lots of new toys - yay! And, he got some new squeaker shoes and baby uggs which he's already wearing. :)

4 comments:

Matthew and Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Harrison! Wow you are so amazing, that cake is the best! I'm glad you guys had such a good time with your sweet boy! It's too bad that he got sick later that night, part of being mom, huh?

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Harrison! The 22nd is Jacob's birthday too! Sounds like you all had a grreat party. Canaan got the Animal Train for Christmas from Jake's parents. It's great--except I keep singing the song! You probably are too!

Kim said...

What a beautiful boy!!! HAppy birthday! And the party looked TOO fun. Merry Christmas!

Jamie said...

Awwww! I loved seeing the pictures. I can't believe it has been a year already! CRAZY! Harrison is so cute!

When things slow down, we've GOT to have a playdate!