Sunday, December 30, 2007

Santa Came!

Christmas morning at our house was SO MUCH FUN this year! It's such a magical time of year to me. I think this year was even more special, being able to see it through Madeleine's eyes. This was the first year that she really understood what was going to happen when Santa came & her excitement grew every day. Christmas really is more fun when you have little ones and everything you do is for them. Christmas morning was pretty exciting! Madeleine came out, walked over to me, put her hand over her mouth and just pointed at what Santa brought! She finally said, "Look, mommy." I told her to go see it & she just took off running, yelling "my dollhouse, my dollhouse!" It was great! Then she ran into Harrison's room and told him, "come on Harrison, Santa brought something for you, too!" So sweet -- she didn't want him to miss out.

Here's a picture of the haul they got!


Harrison got the FisherPrice musical stand & he loves it! The mirror is his favorite -- he'll sit in front of it and "talk" to himself!

Madeleine got a dollhouse and a drum -- the 2 things she asked for, along with some other things! I also got her a "cleaning set" because she LOVES to clean with me! And, she usually uses baby wipes, so I'm hoping this will be better. She actually went into her bathroom christmas morning, closed the door and said, "I'm cleaning! Don't come in!" Hehehehe!


Harrison loved his new riding toy!
And, he loved Madeleine's drum, too!
Uncle Ryan and Aunt Jamie got him some new books!


This year I decided that Madeleine needed to get something for Daddy and Harrison, so she could learn the joy of giving as well. We went and picked out a Cabot Panthers hat for daddy and she helped me wrap it and put it under the tree. She knew which one it was and was so intent on keeping it a secret from him! Needless to say, he loved it.
I didn't take too many more pictures of the day. I wanted to enjoy they day and fill it with memories, instead of always being behind the camera. This year was a little different for us. In the past we've gone to my parents for Christmas Dinner, but this year, since my mom just had back surgery, they came to us! It was really fun, but A LOT of work! It's no easy feat to pull off cooking christmas dinner with two little ones! :) I've already decided that next year we're going back to the old tradition! Ha! But, it was really nice for the kids to get to stay home all day with all the stuff Santa brought and just bum and relax and have fun.
I can't believe I'm posting these pictures, but here's the trash from our Christmas! We actually filled 10 lawn & leaf bags! Ha! Although, I have to add that we did have Harrison's birthday stuff thrown in there, too.
Yep, that's the trashcan along the wall. Poor Matt couldn't go anywhere -- his car was burried! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your mom had surgery! How is she doing? I had no idea she had sugery!

It looks like the babies made a haul this Christmas! Isn't it fun to see the looks on their faces? It's like you relive your childhood all over again. I love it! Don't worry about the trash because our trash looks very similar! Thank goodness the trash man came on Friday! Love, Shauri