Thursday, December 27, 2007

Fun Times?

I'm going to blog about our christmas going backwards starting with what's happened today. Harrison started getting really fussy on Christmas eve and running a fever. We gave him some Motrin and he seemed better and was fine on Christmas Day. Then yesterday the fever was back with some major fussiness. He cried every time we put him down and he wouldn't sleep. Then last night he screamed -- very loudly -- every time we put him in his crib. He might sleep for 30 minutes then he'd be up again crying. The whole time I'm thinking, this is NOT my baby! He's never done this before, but other than a minor cough and the fever, he had no symptoms. So, after he cried all night I decided to take him to the doctor this morning. As I was dressing him, I noticed he had a lot of ear-gunk and one ear was really red. So, we head to the doc. The nurse kept asking me if he had tubes in his ear since there was so much stuff coming out. :( The doc examines Harrison -- along with his 102 degree fever -- and comments that one ear looks a little infected. Then, he checks the other ear.....yeah, his eardrum has burst. I felt soooo bad! His little ear canal was full of puss from his eardrum and the doctor said it looked really bad. He never once, in the past 3 days has pulled at his ear, so I didn't even think about it being an ear infection!
Additonally, I have gotten a touch of the croup the kids have had & I've lost my voice! So, that sweet doctor hooked me up with a steroid shot so I can have some energy and get better! Gotta love that!
So here's a picture of my sweet boy -- finally asleep!

No comments: