Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Precious One!

Today my sweet baby boy turns one. What a year this has been! One year ago today, when they placed this precious baby in my arms, I could never have imagined how much he was going to bless my life.
When I first found out that I was having a boy, my initial thought was -- A BOY! What will I do with a boy?! I'm from a family of girls & I'm what you'd call a "girly-girl," so the thought of a boy was pretty foreign to me. However, the moment I held him, I fell absolutely in love with my little boy. It's been fun to experience a little bit of what Matt has had with Madeleine, only it's mommy - harrison.


Now, I LOVE having a little boy. And, I have to admit, he's definitely a mommy's boy -- and I love it!!!! :) This time around, I've been more relaxed as a parent and I've just enjoyed being with him and watching him grow without all the worry I had with Madeleine.

Some of the things I love best about my baby:

Harrison is pure joy! He loves life and love people! He's curious about everything and is so easygoing (I guess some of that comes with having an older sister!). He is a snuggler. Each morning I go to get him out of his crib and first thing, he wraps his arms around my neck and buries his head in the crook of my neck for a big hug. Then, we turn around and wave and say "hi" to his mirror. I love this time!

I also love nighttime/naptime and our cuddles then. After his bottle, he'll snuggle on my shoulder and lay his head on me. Every little while, he'll raise his head up and look at me -- as if he's just checking to see that I'm still there -- and smile and lay back down. I love that!

Anytime I'm sitting on the floor he'll crawl over to me and stand on my leg with one arm around my neck. He will stay like this forever if I'll let him. He's content just to sit with me and watch what's happening.

He loves Bible class! His new thing (as reported by his teachers) is to dance and bob his head in tune to the singing! Ha!

He gives the sweetest kisses. He'll just out of the blue, come over to me and put both hands on my face and kiss me with one of those wet, slobbery kisses.

Anytime I put both of my hands on his cheeks, he put his hands on top of mine and holds my hands to his face. Love this!

He just loves Madeleine. They play together really, really well. He lets her boss him around (for now) and just follows her lead. They can spend hours closed up in her room and I'll just stand at the door and listen to them playing. It makes me want to smile and cry at the same time, it's so sweet.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that this has been a remarkable year. I worried so much about the adjustment of having 2 little ones in our home; and, while it's definitely been a BIG adjustment, I've almost forgotten what our home was like before Harrison. He's just part of us and it's becoming harder and harder to remember life before him. I find myself wishing that I could relive so many moments of this year, but for now I'm just trying to savor each day. So, happy birthday, my sweet little Harrison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Harrison! He's such a big boy! What a little sweetie! Having a boy and a girl are the best because you get the best of both worlds. :) Merry Christmas!