Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve Grammy, Pops and Uncle Cameron came over to exchange gifts and have dinner with us. I made a big pot of chili and some queso and we just hung out and chatted and watched the kids play. Madeleine got some My Little Pony things and Harrison got a HUGE dump truck filled with Mega Blocks. They both loved their gifts!

Harrison giving Grammy some good lovin'


Harrison using his new dump truck to try and climb on my coffee table!
They loved the box the truck came in! Ha!
At preschool, Madeleine made some "Magic Reindeer Food" (oats and glitter) to put out on Christmas eve. The oats are for the reindeer to eat and the glitter is to light their way to our house! How cute! She was so excited to put it out and I think we'll definitely be making our own next year! Here are some pictures of her diligently putting out the food.....

Then we headed back in to read The Night Before Christmas by the fire with Daddy. You can't see it well, but they're both wearing their new Christmas jammies. I also got some great video of madeleine reciting this with Matt that I'll try and post later.



Then it was time to put out our milk and cookies for Santa. Madeleine helped ice them and carried them by the fire. She was soooo excited!! As I was tucking her in, she told me "mommy, you and Daddy have to go to sleep now so Santa can come." How cute! It took her all of about 5 minutes to fall asleep, she was determined!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the reindeer food! How cute is that? I'll have to remember that one next year so that I can have Jace and Ava do that. That is so precious!