Monday, March 10, 2008

Breaking News!

Well, today has been a pretty big day for us! Matt was offered a job teaching in Fayetteville, so WE'RE MOVING! This is something we've been praying about and working towards for awhile, so we are THRILLED! Matt's only 4 classes from finishing his Master's and he can finish at the HU campus in Bentonville. He's also been approached by Harding to do some adjucting there when he is finished with his master's, so that's a big plus. His new school is super-close to the University and he can work on the doctorate he wants there as well. So, this is really a good move for him career-wise and it's going to be fun change for all of us -- there's definitely more to do there than in Cabot! :)

I'm kinda still in shock -- my mind is in overdrive with all the things I need to do! It's going to be a whirlwind of a summer, but we're looking forward to a much more relaxed fall!

Scroll down to see the pictures of our trip up there this weekend.

10 comments:

David and Whitney Scott said...

Congratulations! What exciting news. F-Ville is only a little over an hour away from Carthage. Looks like we'll be having some play dates in the future.

Jamie said...

Can you be happy and sad at once? I'm glad for you guys. I know this is what you wanted, but I'm sad for us. Hannah and Lincoln will miss their friends SO much. Rachel, I hope you and I can continue our great talks on the phone! Congratulations Matt on the new job!

Jamie said...

Okay, I just told Hannah that Madeleine was going to be moving away. She said, with a very sad look, "But Why? I want to see her. I want to go to Fayettedille with Madeleine."

Little Rock Real Estate said...

Sad, we never even had a playdate and we live 2 minutes from each other. We will miss you guys. Congratulations Matt!

Shelly

Matthew and Lindsay said...

What a great trip! I wish I had one of those milkshakes.... Congratulations on the move! It is such an exciting time. Will he still be working at a high school while he is working on the Doc. and teaching at Harding?? He will be a very busy boy, but I know he will do a great job! I hope you guys find an amazing church to get involved with up there! It was so good to see you guys at PV last weekend.

Amy McCown said...

Congratulations on the new job and new move. I know it will be hard to leave LR, but exciting at the same time to start a new phase in your lives.

Sara said...

congrads on the new job! Glad things are going good for y'all.
SJ

Tara said...

Wow! That's so exciting! You are going to love NWA--of course I am a little partial. I'll email you.

Shannon said...

Congrats on the new job. I hear you about the moving thing. I am surrounded by boxes as we speak! Totally overwhelming! UGGGH!

Kim said...

What a wonderful answer to prayers for your sweet family! YOu will be in our prayers with the move. Lots of love!