Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Harrison is 15 Months and The Barricade

Saturday Harrison was 15 months old, so I'm a little late posting this with Easter weekend and all. I remember with Madeleine that around the 15 month mark, she started communicating with us more and it's a lot the same with him. He weighs about 26 lbs (Madeleine weighed 25lbs at 2!) and he's getting TALL!
*He loves food! He thinks that if anyone is eating, he needs to eat too!
*He refuses to drink milk from a cup.
*Favorite foods: bananas, peaches, pineapple, ham, bacon, spagetti, pretzels.
*Favorite show: Dora. He'll stop whatever he's doing and stand in front of the TV and dance to the theme song. :)
*Favorite song: The Wise Man. He LOVES the splat and can make most of the hand motions.
*Favorite book: He likes all his car/truck/farm books and will bring them to me first. He's really into sitting in my lap and letting me read to him which I love!
*Favorite thing to do: take a walk and a bath, which is good since they pretty much go hand in hand! When I say "let's take a walk" he'll head to the backdoor and rattle the handle until I'm ready to go and he's NEVER ready to come in!
*Words he can say: mama, dada, madeleine (ma-da-la), cracker, uh-oh, ball, grandad, water, no-no, bye-bye and a few more that I can't remember right now.
*He's a great sleeper -- 11-12 hours at night and a 3 hours nap every day! ;)
*He's such a cuddler. He would be happy if I'd hold him most of the day. He constantly comes up to me and give me hugs and kisses and when I hold him he puts his arm around me and pats me on the back! Love this!!
*He really is into EVERYTHING. He looks under the couch, tables, beds for stuff. He hunts out the phone and pushes the buttons. He's constantly examining the plugged up electrical outlets or the faucets to see how they work. Such a boy! He tries to climb on everything. Whew, I'm exhausted just writing about that!

I am loving watching this little guy grow. He really is just a bundle of joy and energy. I'm so thankful that I can stay home and be with him every day to see all of these changes.

One another note.....

At my parents house, we've had to barricade the stairs to keep Harrison off them. But, what do you do when you need to cook dinner and he can scale this.......



Give him a tub of cool whip to play with! He loved it and it did the trick, kept him occupied for a looooooong time!




2 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE the Cool Whip diversion!!! I may steal it! Our boys are also into everything which makes cooking a fun adventure for mom!

Jamie said...

Rachel, it is so funny reading about Harrison because Lincoln is doing just about the same things right now. They are such little characters!