Saturday, March 22, 2008

Getting Ready for Easter

The past couple of days we've been busy getting ready for Easter around our house! This year, Madeleine is having a lot of fun anticipating the Easter Bunny and "helping" me get ready. Thursday we started by cutting out our cookies. Madeleine did such a good job! She already loves to help in the kitchen and had fun using the cookie cutters. Her favorite part? Eating the flour! YUCK.



Then, yesterday we spent Harrison's naptime working on icing the cookies. She worked so intently on putting the icing and sprinkles on her cookies. I have to admit that I LOVE to make/ice sugar cookies. This is something that I do every holiday because I enjoy it so much -- and I do make a tasty cookie! This time I tried a new recipe.......not so good, but the icing was GREAT, which is all that really matters anyway! And, they looked pretty.

Decorating the cookies.
Not sure where more sprinkles went -- the cookie or her mouth!

The finished product.
Madeleine's cookies. I think she did great!
This morning, we dyed Easter Eggs. Madeleine was sooooooo excited about doing this! Our eggs are pretty light-colored because she didn't have the patience to wait on them. Then she worked putting princess stickers on them.




And what was Harrison doing during all this? Eating, of course! He didn't seem to mind missing out on the fun.......next year he'll be more into it.




No comments: