Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Last Week's Fun

Last week we were able to get out some with the new friends we've been making at church. It's been too long since we had regular playdates with friends (for me and the kids!!) and we're looking forward to being more settled now that we've found a church home.

We took the kids to a Fun City and it lived up to it's name. The kids had a blast! It was like ChuckECheese only there was LOTS of free stuff to do and not as many games, which makes this mom a happy camper!

Harrison LOVED this big ball! He was a little timid at first then really got into it.
They both had such fun in the enormous ball pit!! It was like Harrison's dream come true. He just kept throwing himself down into the balls over and over again. :)
Later that week we went up to the Promenade to have lunch/ride the new carousel/play outside. They were so so so SO excited about the carousel!! And I have to say, it was a loooooong ride too. Harrison was looking a little queasy by then end -- next time we may ride BEFORE lunch. Madeleine had her horse all picked out -- she just had to ride the sparkly one, which I realize in this picture doesn't look sparkly at all. But, trust me -- it was.


We headed outside to play at the playground, but the kids enjoyed the water more. It was a warm day, but that water was still freezing. Madeleine kept asking me if she could take her pants off to get in, but she had to make due with just rolling them up. Mean mommy.
Harrison would have been all in that fountain, except he was still a little too short. So, he had to settle for hanging over the edge and sticking his hands and feet in.


I also just realized that I only took pictures of my kids. I need to work on that! Ha!
I also have to say that our house is in countdown mode. Two weeks from tonight Matt will finish his LAST graduate class!!! I am so ready for a break (as is he) and for matt to be home more often. Now, we just have to survive the next fourteen days.....he's one crazy busy guy right now and everything is on hold until the last class/final/project/paper/presentation is over. Seriously, if I told you everything he's been doing this semester, you probably wouldn't believe me. :)

No comments: