Monday, April 13, 2009

Time Out

Lately time out has been my most used punishement for Harrison. And, I have to say it's working -- he's not raising his had to hit (gasp!) much anymore and he's screaming (definition: a loud growl done in a menacing/mean voice directed at someone he's upset with) or spitting (definition: blowing raspberries AT someone he's mad at) as much either. So for us timeout is good. His timeout spot is by the front door where he can't see the TV and there's pretty much nothing around him to do.

I have to keep myself from laughing every time he's in timeout. He sits down with his hands in his lap and bows his head -- it looks like he's praying. Maybe he is. Maybe I could learn something from him. Or maybe he's pouting. That's more likely.

I sneaked around the corner and took this pic thursday morning after he was in timeout for spitting at madeleine. How pitiful does he look???

Then he saw me. I know -- how can this sweet face have been spitting at his sister a few moments before???

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

You had already told me about Harrison and his time-out prayers, but seeing it is even more precious. If he were mine, I think I'd be tempted to send him to time-out all the time just for the cuteness factor. :)

I love reading your blog, Rachel! I'm so happy you guys moved here and that I've gotten to know you better the past few weeks. You have such a wonderful family and I'm excited for us to grow even closer in the coming years!