Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Windy City

I've decided that NWA could give Chicago a run for it's money. Seriously. Our little piece of land here in Farmington has GOT to be one of the windiest places on earth! Sometimes the wind can even blow our swingset around -- and that's on a sunny day. You wouldn't believe what it can do during a storm! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I love where we live. One of my favorite things to do is watch the wind blowing across the water on the pond out back. I even love seeing the crazy golfers trying to hit into that strong wind! So, tonight we took full advantage of the strong "breeze" and flew a kite! We had the perfect place -- the deserted driving range! :)


It was a perfect evening for it and the kids had the best time! I didn't buy a kite for Harrison, since I didn't think he'd be interested (or able to stay still for that long), but, boy, was I wrong. He wanting to try and when we let him, he sat still for the longest time just watching it go! Madeleine on the other hand is an old pro at kites and did great! We had enough wind that it never really hit the ground and stayed in the air the entire time! Go Madeleine!





No comments: