Monday, June 7, 2010

Award

Friday was the Kindergarten awards ceremony at Madeleine's school. I was thrilled that Matt schedule worked out for him to be there with us. Madeleine really had no idea what this was all about, but she knew it was a big deal.

I didn't get a good picture of the actual ceremony. Boo. Madeleine won the math award for her kindergarten class (one of 2 kids to receive it). We are so so so proud of her!! She's worked so hard this year & has done such a great job. Her teacher told me this past week that she has literally never had to call out Madeleine's name for doing something wrong. She said that she's an absolute angel. Of course. I know that she does a great job at school; however, it's really nice & encouraging to hear that from her teacher from time to time.

Instead of a certificate, her school gives out pins for awards. I love that. You can't see it too well, but hers says "mathematics" on it. I wish I could say that I was surprised, but really I wasn't too surprised. :) She's come home a couple of times this year saying that she was allowed to show her class how to do something math-related since she already knew how to do it. And, she actually love to do math -- she asks Matt a lot a night if they can do some math together. Right now they're working on fractions and she's doing great at it! As long as she's interested, he'll keep working with her -- but no pressure. When she's ready to stop, they stop.


I am so proud of this girl! She's done a fantastic job and is so ready for 1st grade -- thanks to her wonderful teachers this year!

No comments: