Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wedding Weekend -- The Big Day

Finally the big day arrived! As much as I've been looking forward to this day, I can only imagine how much Sharon has dreamed about it! We started off the morning by heading out to get our hair all beautiful. But first, a stop at Old Mill for some breakfast. Sharon had her fav cinnamon scone to start the day off right. :) She goes in there so much that they know her & were excited to hear that she was getting married that day! They couldn't believe that she was so calm....and she was!

Then we headed to Swank to have our hair done! The hairstylist was amazing. Sharon knew just what she wanted & when she was done it looked so chic....just like her. I have to say how much I enjoyed that morning with her. We had such fun & it was nice to have some sister-time that day.

Here we are after, makeup-less and all. :)
Then we headed back to the house to meet the other bridesmaids and get dressed and head off to the church. The church looked incredible! I wish I'd taken more pictures. It was the perfect setting for a wedding....complete with a church mouse & all!
Picture time! Check out David & Whitney's blog for a sneak peak of pictures. And if you're in the NWA area -- they're just a short drive away! :)



See?! The flowers were amazing! Stewart's mother is part of a group that does flowers for weddings sometimes & they outdid themselves. They were spectacular!!
I have no ceremony pics, so the rest are after the wedding & during the reception. One thing I loved about this church was that it was a typical old church with a center aisle and windows along the sides. We got ready in a room in the back of the church & had to walk around to the front to enter -- via outside. As we walked, I could see people looking out the windows to catch a glimpse of Sharon. How cool is that??!! It was almost movie-ish.
Check out the wreaths on the doors. After the bridesmaids walked down the aisle, the doors closed. The music began. And, at the perfect moment -- the doors flew open and there she stood. It was magical. The look on Stewart's face was priceless. I saw his hand cover his mouth in awe & his eyes never left her. I have never seen Sharon look so happy either. I'll never forget the look on her face or the determination in her voice as she said her vows.
On a side note, there were a couple of things I especially loved about the day...
That morning, as a joke, my dad put on a tie that Sharon had made him when she was about 12 for Father's Day. It had places on it to draw pictures & even then she was quite the artist and put a lot of time into it. Although he had a tie to wear that day that coordinated -- She insisted that he keep that one on. She said it was perfect. And it was.
Sharon & Stewart had opted not to write their own vows & instead told dad to choose some that he thought best. He said in the ceremony that he had decided to yield to words better than his & pulled out some vows that my grandfather, our PopPop, had written when he was alive. PopPop was special to Sharon & she adored him (think of the way that Harrison adores my dad!). I'm not sure there was a dry eye in the church after that! I know that I was mopping up my tears.
I also loved how they had Stewart Soda outside the church for guests to sip on since it was incredible hot!! Such a neat touch -- and a yummy one!
I have to give an honorable mention to the music, which was so fitting for the day, and the church mouse that I hope was more scared of us than we of him (if that's possible).



On the way to the reception-- Madeleine & Harrison both went to sleep! They were exhausted from the day already!

Groom's table. I loved the centerpiece. And, instead of cake, they had pie -- pecan, chocolate & key lime. They were yummy -- especially the key lime. I could have eaten so much more of it!


Here's the kitchen crew that kept things running smoothly. These are true friends of my moms. I can hope that some day, I'll have friends as good as this that will help us out.
Rhea and Charlotte.
Rian and Charlotte. Rian is so special to Sharon.
And, poor Harrison slept through it all. His goal all day had been CAKE & he missed it! Good thing he got him a cupcake later at home. :)
Aunt Kathy & Charlotte. Sweet Charlotte is quite the charmer.




Instead of throwing her bouquet, Sharon gave it to Madeleine, who was so so so proud of it!
I think it was the perfect day for them. They both looked so happy....they just shined with love for each other. Seeing them that day was like seeing all the good & happiness in the world wrapped up in two people. I pray that it will always be like that for them.
Congrats you guys! We love you both & welcome to the family Uncle Stewart! :)

4 comments:

Whitney Scott said...

It was such an amazing day. We were so happy to get to be a part of it. Sharon & Stewart are so perfectly matched. One precious part of the day you didn't mention was the prayer you said for the couple before Sharon walked down the aisle. What a sweet, heartfelt gift. How blessed Sharon is to have a sister like you!

Amy said...

So many things I LOVED! Your sister was beautiful, her dress was gorgeous, flowers spectacular, cake amazing...and might I add YOU my dear were breathtaking! 5 months after having a baby- what a HOT momma!

Kim said...

So beautiful!!! I adore that your dad wore the old tie and said vows from PopPop...I teared up just reading it! What a beautiful day for your sister! :)

~aj~ said...

Such beautiful pictures of such a special day. I've come back 3 or 4 times now just to look at them again. :)