Monday, June 7, 2010

So long Kindergarten

Today was Madeleine's last day of kindergarten. Sniff, sniff. It's such a bittersweet moment for me. I'm sad that this year is over. Kindergarten is such a fun year! And, thinking of her as a 1st grader just makes me realize how BIG she's becoming. But, on the other hand, I'm so very ready to have her home with me every day, all day. I've missed having all that daytime with her this year and I can't wait for all the fun we're going to have this summer.

She has changed so much this year. Of course she's learned to read which is no small feat! She can read books and write paragraphs. That's huge in my opinion. When her teacher told us on the first day that she'd be reading and writing at christmas, I didn't really believe her. But, she was right! And, now this girl is reading big books. I'm one proud mama! She's also become so much more outgoing and has gained such self-confidence this past year. I think a lot of this has to do with the wonderful teacher she's had -- who has encouraged her to speak up in class and has made classtime so much fun! I love seeing Madeleine with all of her little friends around her -- I really think that everyone in her class loves her. She's the kid that's a friend to all.

Here she is in her Leverett Lion shirt all ready to go!

And, here she is as we were leaving school this afternoon. My big 1st Grader!!!

No comments: