Monday, June 14, 2010

Wedding Weekend -- The Day Before the Big Day

Friday was a busy busy day for us! Along with the excitement that comes the day before the big da,y there were lots of fun activities to keep us busy as well. Our morning was spent getting pampered and pretty for the bridesmaids brunch. Since Matt was playing in a golf tournament, Harrison got to spend the morning with Grammy and Pops having fun while the girls enjoyed the brunch. It was wonderful! Not only because Charlotte did this from the time we got in the car to leave, until the moment we arrived back home....

but also because we got to enjoy some yummy food and lots of good conversation. The brunch was held at Kathy Steven's house and I know that made it extra special for Sharon. This family is as much a part of our family as if we were truly blood-relatives. They've shared so many special moments and holidays with us & it was so wonderful that they could be a part of Sharon's day. So many of our childhood memories revolve around playing with Andrea and Juliana and spending holidays and vacation time with them. Of course, Kathy had prepared an absolutely fabulous meal! We feasted on quiche, scones, grilled asparagus, and fresh fruit. My mouth is watering just thinking about it now.

We had time when we first arrived to take some pictures. Here are my favorites.

Madeleine and Sugar. Madeleine thought she was so so so big getting to have brunch with the girls. And she acted so grown up! I was so proud of her. She sat and ate her lunch, then went and got her books and read while we talked. Perfect girl. :)

Madeleine and Mammy.
Us. I actually have pictures with me in them. Ha! And, I'm even wearing makeup and have my hair done. What a treat!
The group.....Stephanie (Sharon's MIL), Elizabeth, Ashley, Sharon, Me, Angie (bridesmaids), Mammy (my grandmother) and my Mom.

The table. The flowers in the center were gorgeous! They were so similar to what Sharon had chosen for the wedding.
Sharon with our yummy dessert. It was ice cream layered with caramel and a pecan-oatmeal crumble. More mouth watering going on. :)

After lunch we divided up and the other bridesmaids went to do a bit of shopping while Madeleine, Charlotte and I went to run errands and pick up cupcakes for her lingeie shower later that night. We met up at Sharon's house that afternoon since Madeleine was dying to see Sophie. Here they all are.
The it was home to change and off to the rehersal! Here's the sappy couple.
Practice, practice, practice!
They got married at a little church that's been restored, but is 100 years old. It's an adorable white clapboard church -- steeple and all -- set on a beautiful green lot surrounded by nature. It fit them.
Then we headed back into town to have dinner at Vesuvio's. It was fantastic. The food just kept coming and coming. I actually ate so much that I really was sick later! My mom had gotten sitters for the kids, so we grown-ups could enjoy dinner to the fullest. Yeah! We were able to sit and talk and enjoy a very leisurely meal. And, at the end of the dinner, Sharon had prepared a mini-movie for everyone to watch. It made me cry the first time I saw it. I remembered almost every picture in there, and the old ones brought back such sweet memories for me.
This is my mom and Kathy Pence. Kathy helped SO MUCH this weekend and I'm not sure what we would have done without her....probably gone insane. :)
Charlotte did get to come to dinner with us. She slept through some of the meal and spent the rest of it charming everyone.
Sharon with her friends that traveled from Dallas for the big event.
Our Texas family -- Dana, and Whitney & David (the fabulous wedding photographers!)
Aunt Kathy & Uncle Ron
Us, again. Look -- we coordinated. :)
After dinner, the bridesmaids & her friends headed back to Sharon's house to have a little lingerie shower for her. She got to be the princess for the night.
Coffee and Cupcakes -- her favorite!


Sugar and Sophie.
It was a fun party! We had some yummy food and some great conversation. She got some exciting things as well. ;) Then she packed and we all headed to bed for some beauty sleep to get ready for the big day.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I love how Madeleine got to be one of the "big girls" for parts of the wedding weekend. Looks like it was a really great time. And I was right...you and Sharon look fantastic!