Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Feeding Frenzy

We started feeding Charlotte real baby food a few weeks ago. I really felt like she was ready well before we actually started, but I guess I just wanted to put if off as long as possible. At her 4 month checkup, Dr. D gave me the green light and really encouraged it since her refux is so bad. She seemed to think it might help her not spit up so much. I agree.

She's been sitting in her highchair at mealtime since she was about 3 months old. The girl who never fusses would cry and fuss at mealtimes if she wasn't included at the table. And, who can blame her? After all, mealtimes are quite entertaining at our house. It one of my favorite parts of the day, listening to the kids talk about their "favorite part" and laugh at each other and try and guess Charlotte's favorite part. Matt and I just finally decided that a highchair would be easier than us switching back and forth holding her.

And, eventually, she even got some real food of her own. She was happy about the prospect...at first.

And, Daddy made it look like so much fun!
But, she wasn't too impressed with the taste. I gave her rice cereal the first time and she did not like it at all which is funny to me since it was basically the same thing she's been drinking in her bottle for the past few months. Ha!

I just love watching the funny faces she makes when she eats! The best part is that besides the rice cereal (which after a couple of bits she refused to open her mouth for) she hasn't seemed to really dislike any other food. She seems to like squash, sweet taters, bananas, and carrots the best, but she'll eat anything.....no surprise there, have you seen her adorable chubba wubba thighs??? Wish that looked as cute on me as her! :)

No comments: