Monday, July 2, 2012

Catching Up

Summer is official flying by and I'm so behind on keeping up with what all we've been doing! I guess that means we've been busy and having lots of fun!! And, we sure have. I have tons of pictures. :)



We've been spending lots of time at the pool again this year. Madeleine is finally swimming on her own and Harrison is well on his way. He can get around with just arm floaties. We've been trying to go for a bit in the morning and then again after Charlotte's nap. The weather has been so hot the past week or so --- and we've been the only people at the pool most of the time! Crazy! But, it is kinda nice to have it all to ourselves and it makes it much easier to keep an eye on the kids when I'm by myself.
 The second week in June, I helped out another parent from our school and watched her 2nd grader for the week. It was certainly a busy week with 4 kiddos full time and Matt working long hours, but Madeleine loved having a classmate here with her during the week. Courtney was a great swimmer and we spent many hours at the pool that week!
 Harrison is all over the place in the pool now. He and Madeleine play so well together at the pool and are so sweet in include Charlotte in their play when they can.

 This year we bought Charlotte a Puddle Jumper and it has saved my sanity! She can go all over in it and I just have to stay right by her -- but she's not actually hanging on me. She loves loves loves to jump in off the side and then I can turn her around and give her a push back to the stairs and we do it all over again. And, again. And, again. Madeleine and Harrison love to hold her hands and take her around the pool in this! She can also wade in and "swim" herself over to the stairs. She's so much happier with this new independence.

No comments: