Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Home Renovation {Part 2} Breakfast Room

Our biggest project so far has been the breakfast room. We decided that if we were going to do beige in the rest of the house, we'd like to put a splash of color on the walls in this room. Our house is very open and since you can see this room from the living room, I decided to do a green on the walls. We also decided to add bead board. It wasn't a super easy project, but it was fun to do and turned out so so pretty!

I don't have a great before picture (the pom-poms were left from Madeleine's birthday party)....but, it was dark, dark, dark....
 And, the after. It's like a whole new room! I love love love it! I was so much work, but oh-so worth it. It turned out even better that I'd imagined and Matt did such an amazing job -- with a bit of help from me. :)
 I bought the curtain fabric when we moved into the house. It was like $1/yard and I think I bought 20 yards. I used some and made short curtains, but decided to redo them and use the rest of my fabric and make long ones now.
 I repurposed one of the old short ones and made a curtain for my backdoor.


I think this might be my new favorite room! Matt is a super-star to me for using his (short) vacation time this summer to re-do our house! More pics, more rooms to come...

No comments: