Friday, July 20, 2012

Harrison's New Room

Our home makeover started with Harrison's room. Isn't that how it always is? One small thing brings the big change? I'd been looking for awhile for some new furniture for Harrison to have his own big-boy room. Madeleine and Harrison have been sharing a room for the past couple of years. We'd tried a couple of times to move them apart, but the just slept better sharing a room and they liked being able to have a playroom. However, we knew it was time for Madeleine to have her own space and decided to get them each into their own rooms over the summer. That would give us some transition time before school started and we needed to be in a good bedtime/sleep routine.

So, we moved Harrison to the nursery, Charlotte to the playroom and Madeleine stayed in the room they'd been sharing. Harrison's is the only room that is completely finished. I'm still putting the final touches on Madeleine & Charlotte's rooms, but hopefully they will be done soon.

It was hard getting rid of the nursery. That's been Charlotte's room for the past 2 1/2 years and I loved it.

Pictures of the nursery before....






 And, pictures of Harrison's new room...
 I absolutely love how it turned out! To me it's the perfect little boy room. I love the bedding from PBK. It's something I think he can grow into the next few years.

 I found these buckets at IKEA. They are great for holding onto all those little toys he has.

No comments: