Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fabulous 4th

We had such a wonderul, relaxing 4th of July this year. We hung out at home, when to the pool and ended our day by grilling out and watching the kids play in the yard. Perfect in my eyes.

I did some little decorations for our table. 
 I also made this sparkler cake which the kids loved! It was so easy and turned out so cute that I think it will be a new tradition on the 4th. I topped it with sparkler candles and the kids loved watching those pop and sparkle!!
 I also did some red/white/blue strawberries which they gobbled up!
 We ended our night doing some sparklers in the yard. We are under a major burn ban right now, so sparklers were all we dared to try. :) And, while we didn't get to sit outside and watch the golf course owner do his cool fireworks display just behind our house because of the burn ban, it was nice to go to sleep at a decent hour and not be constantly awakened by the boom-boom of the night owls out there celebrating. Ha!



No comments: