Saturday, July 21, 2012

Celebrating Madeleine ~ 8 Years Old!

We had a BIG weekend in early July celebrating Madeleine's big birthday! This year we partied all weekend long. :) I was so excited and thankful that almost all of our families could be here to share this special time with her -- and Madeleine enjoyed every moment of being the center of attention!

We celebrated Friday night by grilling out burgers/hot dogs at our house with everyone. Madeleine picked out most of the menu and it was so so yummy! After dinner, she got to open her presents. Our families completely spoiled her! 







 Then it was time for cake. I had quite a time trying to find somewhere to buy a cake this year. Every bakery in NWA is closed the entire week of July 4th! We settled on a cake from Harps and she was quite happy with it.
 After cake and more fun, everyone but Grandad went to spend the night at a nearby hotel. The kids had a blast getting some early morning loves from Grandad the next morning -- and getting to go get some donuts with him in their jammmies. Everyone came back over that morning for breakfast. I love having our home filled with our families. It always reminds me that I am so very blessed.  I have wonderful parents, but I also have wonderful in-laws that I am close to -- so I am blessed with 2 families that I am a part of.
 The rest of Saturday was pretty low key. We went to the pool and got ready for church the next morning. Sunday was Madeleine's actual birthday and we let her open 2 gifts on Saturday, the night before. She got to open her gifts from Harrison & Charlotte. They were as excited to give them to her as she was to open them! I love that!


 Sunday we got up and headed to church. We came home and I fixed brunch -- biscuits, bacon, and our traditional birthday cinnamon muffins. It just isn't a celebration without them! Then she opened her gifts. It was such fun shopping for her this year! She got some clip earrings, books, princess toys, barbie toys, legos...






 Madeleine's one request for her birthday was to go bowling. So that's what we did.


 Madeleine & Harrison had a great time bowling & Charlotte spent most of the time "cleaning" the bowling alley and using up all the wipes.

 Matt helped Harrison and he did great!
 Our first game. I, obviously, am not a great bowler. :) But, the 4 of us had a blast! We bowled a second game before heading to Red Robin for dinner.

 After dinner, it was home for (more) cake. Madeleine had asked for a barbie cake and I was so relieved to find somewhere that would make one since, again, the bakeries were still closed. I think it looked great!



 And, it was filled with lots of pink icing! We all had pink mouths/teeth afterwards! Ha!

 She ended the day playing with her toys until it was time for bed. I think she had a great day!
 ** This is the Lego Cafe we got her that she put together all by herself. How adorable is it??!! She has played with it for weeks and I've found Charlotte in there many many times playing with it too. SO cute!

No comments: