Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Home Renovation {Part 1} Master Bedroom/Bathroom

We have been, and still are, in the middle of doing some updates to our house. When we bought our house 4 years ago it was new but had sat empty for almost 2 years. Our first year was spent doing some of the things that had to be taken care of (gas line, dryer vent issues, etc.). Then Ph.D school started and Matt got so busy and we just put off doing the rest. Until this summer. I've been looking at paint samples for a year. We knew we wanted to paint the entire house, but I also knew that I had to pick a color that I love before committing to such a big project.

Our house has 5 different shades of brown in it. Five. Five. It's like the builder took the entire color strip of brown and just slapped it up all over the house. And, brown is just not my color. I'm more of a beige, yellow, green gal.

So, finally, I found my perfect color. It only took about 25 samples of beige/tan on our wall, over the course of a year to find it. :) But, now I'm one happy gal.

Our first project was our master bedroom/bath. The bathroom was sooooo dark. So, here are the before shots...

 And, the after. We painted one accent wall my favorite shade of blue.


 It made our bathroom seem bigger and brighter! Yay!

Then we moved on to the master. We upgraded to a king size bed in the process and, yes, it has changed my life. :) Now I think -- how did we ever survive in a queen!! ??

Master before....

 Master after...


I love our room now! I found the bedding at the last minute and it's exactly what I wanted.

No comments: