Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Father's Day 2012

We celebrated Matt in fine style this year for Father's day! The weekend started off with Matt going to play golf with some buddies from church on Saturday morning. I hadn't been feeling good, and by the time he got home I was ready to head to the doctor. Thankfully we have a weekend clinic close to us and I was given lots of good meds. Note to self: don't let a sinus infection go untreated. I was so stinkin' sick! They sent me home with a Z-pack, Zyrtec for 14 days, Mucinex for 7 day, nasal spray and tylenol. I was loopy by that evening. :)

On Sunday, Matt took the kids to church and let me get rested and feeling better. After dropping them off when church was over, he headed to the office to finish up work on his PD sessions that started the next day. While he was gone the kids and I went to work getting ready for his big dinner. Matt had decided earlier in the week that he wanted to repeat what I'd done on Mother's day -- a big dinner at home that night.

By the time Matt got home at 6, we were ready! The kids had helped set the table. Madeleine and Harrison had each filled out a little sheet where they answered questions about their dad. They gave that to him as we sat down for dinner. We had steak and chicken, rosemary roasted potatos, salad, corn on the cobb and bread. For dessert, Matt asked for his favorite ice cream dessert. YUM!

 The kids were soooo excited to give Matt his gifts! Charlotte got him a new travel Razorback mug.
 Harrison picked him out a new golf shirt.
 And Madeleine got him a new mug to replace his favorite one that had broken a couple of weeks earlier. I added a pound of his favorite coffee (that we can't buy here) and a new CD.
I hope he had as great of a day as we had planning it! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful Daddy that works so hard for our family!

No comments: