Saturday, December 8, 2012

2nd Annual North Pole Breakfast

We celebrated the arrival of Hermie last year with a fun North Pole Breakfast. Well, it was such fun and the kids loved it so much I decided it had to become an annual affair! I've been collecting fun plates, cups, etc for several weeks and the kids have been looking forward to getting to use them! We set the table the night before and then Hermie came during the night and left them with lots of fun goodies to get them in the holiday spirit!
 
I took about a zillion pictures of the table. :) Hermie left each of them Christmas books, a bucket filled with chapstick, stickers, christmas socks, a christmas notepad and pen. They each got a snow globe too. He made fun donuts for them which they loooved! 
 Charlotte's spot.
 Madeleine's spot.
 Harrison's spot.






 They were soooo excited that morning! Harrison was up with the sun and woke up the girls. So, it was a bright and early morning that day. They loved all of their gifts and had such a fun time looking through all their stuff. If the excitement they had over the little things they got is any indication of Christmas -- well, let's just say it's going to be the best Christmas ever!


 I think their favorite thing that Hermie left them was this set of play figures from the old Rudolph Movie. They have played with them nonstop for days. What fun!
I know that doing these little things take a lot of time and work. These are often nights that I don't get much sleep, but the memories will last me a lifetime. I am determined to squeeze every ounce of fun out of their childhood -- I know that all too soon the day will come that this won't interest them as much or they'll be grown and out of the house. I enjoy every single moment of these times.

No comments: