Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Man In Red and Random Thoughts

 
Last Thursday we met up with AJ and Titus for a playdate at the mall. The kids had a blast playing while AJ & I caught up. It was somethink I sooo needed. This fall has been rough on this momma! Last year Harrison went to school with his buddies and of course his best bud, Drew. That meant that we all saw our friends at least once a week, as well as having playdates all the time too.
 
Well, the decision this year to change and put Charlotte in a preschool closer to home has been both good and bad. I love her school and she loves going there. It close enough that I can come home and get some things done around the house and we've made some F'ville friends as well. But, we are now on a completely different school schedule from our church friends and Fridays are the only day that we are all free. Add to that the fact that our other playmates, Sarah & Mary Mack (and Ryan) moved out of state -- and oh how we miss them! -- and we've had a bit of a lonely semester. It's been so different. I've had to adjust to having just Charlotte with me. And, while I've enjoyed every moment of our one-on-one time, I've certainly missed the constantly conversation that Harrison and I had last year.
 
While we've tried to meet up and have playdates on Fridays, it's also the day that school functions for the big kids seem to occur most often and so there have only been a handful of Fridays where we've been able to meet up and play. It's been quite an adjustment and I think I'm still adjusting. And, missing all the fun we had last year.
 
So, I was more than excited when we met AJ & Ty at the mall last week. Before we knew it, we'd be there 1 1/2 hours! We timed it just right because as we were leaving Santa was arriving! We waited behind just a couple of people and got to talk to him for a minute.
 
I thought Charlotte would be scared of him, but she loved him! She's asked over and over to go back! She knew exactly what she wanted to ask him for -- A "Big Phone Mountain." Yes, that right. A. Big. Phone. Mountain. What in the world is that?!?! I'm thinking we've been watching too much Dora. ;) And, she really just wants a phone.
 
I snapped a quick pic on my phone before we left. 
We got separted from AJ & Ty while we were shopping and were getting ready to leave when we bumped into some friends from school. So, we ended our fun morning by having lunch with Charlotte's best friend from school, Whitney and her mom. It ended up being such a wonderful day and one that I truly needed!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

It was a fun morning for sure! I still love you as much as I ever have, but I have to admit that it's kind of depressing how little we see each other compared to last year. :( Making schedules match is hard work!