Monday, December 10, 2012

First Tooth Fairy Visit!

Friday night, Harrison lost his first tooth!
 
I've been waiting for Harrison to lose a tooth for months now. His dentist said that the earlier they get teeth, typically the earlier they lose them. Harrison cut his first 2 teeth the day that he turned 4 months old. It was crazy! He had 12 teeth at one year. So, I thought he'd lose teeth much earlier that Madeleine.
 
His tooth has been just the tiniest bit loose for a few weeks. But, nowhere near coming out. At the end of dinner last night, he all of a sudden started saying his tooth hurt. Well, I took a look and it was ready to come out! The crazy part is that we still brush his teeth a night and it hasn't been that loose. He didn't even know it was that loose until I told him. Matt worked on it for a bit and after about 30 minutes out it came! He was such a trooper -- waaaay less drama that his sister. :) 
 Here it is when I found it at dinner -- I'm surprised it didn't fall out while we were eating!
 He was so proud when it came out! He had to call Grandad & tell him all about it. Then we facetimed with Grammy & Pops so he could show them his new "hole." He was so proud to show it to them!
 He wanted ice cream for a treat afterwards -- his request was an ice cream sundae. Silly boy kept telling us that he wasn't sure he could eat ice cream with a tooth missing!
 After the big event -- the gunk on his face is hot fudge. ;)
It was quite an exciting night. He went right to sleep and the tooth fairy brought him $5. He ended up coming in our room during the middle of the night. He said that he had a dream that I had marshmellows under my pillow. Ha! He woke up this morning and ran straight to check under his pillow. He was thrilled with his loot and is already trying to get his other teeth to loosen up!

I can't believe how different he looks already. He is growing up so fast that it makes my heart hurt. I have to admit that I did shed a few tears last night over that tooth. I remember so vividly the day it came in. I remember exactly where I was when I first saw that tooth in his little mouth. I was changing his diaper after his morning nap. Madeleine & Matt were outside in the backyard playing. I was talking to him as I was changing him and he smiled up at me and there were 2 little teeth in his mouth. I seems like that just happened. How is it possible that it's been 5 1/2 years??  I guess it hit me hard because for some reason I just remember so much about when he cut those first teeth. I don't remember the girls as much -- I don't know why. Harrison's just stuck in my memory for some reason and I guess it's just a reminder that time is marching on and moving forward. They are growing up, more and more, every day.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Harrison is so proud of that hole in his mouth! He showed it off to me on Saturday. :)