Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Around our House

I took a few pictures of Christmas through our house the Sunday before Christmas. I'd stayed home with Charlotte because she was running a low fever and decided this might be my last chance to do it. I put Christmas up in early November this year (and will definitely do the same next year), but I was pretty ready to take it down a couple of days after Christmas. So here it is. Our home, Christmas 2012.
 

 I re-worked my mantle this year. I added the mesh to the greenery garland I already had and loved how it turned out. I got some whimsical floral pics at HL and put them in a green vase and then added some sparkly candles.

 Our tree. I'll be getting a new tree next year. I bought this one the year we moved to Cabot (2005) and have gotten 7 good Christmases out of it. This year several sections had lights out and Matt added some lights to make it look ok -- he knows how I hate dealing with lights and took care of this for me! The funniest part is that as we were eating Christmas dinner the lights on the top 1/3 of the tree just went out! Ha! I guess it decided Christmas was over and it was done!  So, bye bye tree.
 I'm kind of obsessed with wrapping presents. I take forever with each one and love making them look pretty.













1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Your house looks gorgeous! I still don't have all our Christmas put away. I'm having a hard time parting with it this year. :)