Monday, December 7, 2009

The Countdown Begins...

For those of you interested, here's a belly pic as of 32 weeks.....taken BEFORE I ate Thanksgiving Dinner! :)

I really haven't blogged a lot about this pregnancy. I guess some of that's because I'm a fairly private person and at the same time there hasn't really been much to tell -- which, in pregnancy, is a good thing.


This time around it's going sooooo fast. I thought it flew by with Harrison, but it seems like this time I've turned around and we're on the countdown! I had my last 4 week appt. last week and am now on the 2 week schedule which always seems to go faster.


So far, I'm still feeling pretty good -- just very, very tired. I think I could sleep 14 hours a day if my other 2 kiddos would let me! I'm definitely letting myself have more caffine with this one -- I NEED that late afternoon coke to get me through till bedtime! :) I also think my "pregnancy brain" is much WORSE -- I've gone looking for my keys several time this week only to realize they're in my hand! :)


I'm carrying this baby much higher than the other two, so eating is definitely a challenge. It only takes a couple of bites of food and I feel stuffed. It's a crazy feeling to feel full even as my tummy is still growling! ha! Smoothies have become my new favorite lunch since they are healthy and yet don't make me feel so stuffed.


As of my appt last week it seems that this baby is head-down for now which is a relief since it was breach last month. Hopefully it will cooperate and stay that way! As the days go by I'm getting more and more excited to meet this little one. Madeleine still prays for a girl and Harrison keeps telling me it's going to be 2 babies --- thankfully, I'm sure he's wrong!!! I don't have a preference either way -- on the one hand I'd love for Madeleine to get her prayer answered since she really really wants a sister, but on the other hand it would be nice for Harrison to have a playmate at home with him during the day (one that plays cars/trucks/dinosaurs instead of dollhouse!). These both weigh evenly in my mind, so I can honestly say I don't care what it is. I think that's why it's been so easy to wait and find out at delivery if we have a HE or a SHE. I think it's going to make for an exciting delivery, too!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

An exciting delivery for sure! I can't wait!

I love the belly pic...I'm quite fond of pregnant bellies. :) And I had to chuckle a bit about how you prefer not to share a lot of the private details (which I FULLY respect) because there's no telling what you think when you read some of the stuff I blog about. lol I really don't have much of a filter at times. :)

So glad the baby is head down. I'd been wondering about that. So glad all is well!!!!