Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Gingerbread House

One cold night last week while Matt was taking his last final of the semester, the kids and I broke out the gingerbread house and went to town -- or at least the kids did, I was the camera-gal.

They have been begging me to let them decorate their house ever since I bought it days ago and were soooo excited! I think they spent over an hour working on it -- one beautiful hour of teamwork and absolutely no fussing. I just might buy another one for this week! :) Just kidding....sort of.

Madeleine was very intent on her half.
Harrison's trying to decide which candy to eat, I mean decorate with, first!
Working together! Madeleine helping Harrison with his icing.


Love this face!


Funny girl.

The finished project. All the candy in the front of the house is where Harrison made it "rain" candy. He kept saying it "needs one more thing" and that happened to be candy raining down into the front yard.
Our house may not win any awards for the most lovely, but we take the cake for the most fun! I look forward to this project each year and every year it gets more fun. After we finished this year, both kiddos headed straight to the tub, since they were COVERED in icing! And, I'm pretty sure there was more candy in their tummies than on the house, but that's the sign of a good time!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Ya'lls gingerbread house totally made me laugh...but in a good way. Wait until you see how ours turned out...aye yi yi.