Friday, December 4, 2009

O Christmas Tree

I saved putting up the tree for the last of my decorating this year. I knew I'd have two little helpers and I needed to be prepared! They were both SO excited to get the tree up -- they were running around the house singing O Christmas Tree (or at least the first couple of lines since that's all they know!) and occasionally I heard them burst out into Jingle Bells as well. I loved that their excitement was palpatable and tried to take in every moment, knowing that one day they may not want to help.

Harrison was really into helping Daddy get it up. He had to be right there next to Daddy making sure he was doing it right! :)

Once we got the tree up and "fluffed" I opened all the non-breakable ornaments and let them have at it. As you can see, it was an unusually warm night....Harrison had shedded his jammies (his new trick -- many a night we go to check on him before we go to be only to find him in only a diaper) and Madeleine was wearing her favorite leotard. So much for the cute Christmas jammies I'd planned on them wearing. That's how we role around here these days....









Madeleine stuck with it until all the ornaments were up. Harrison only lasted for a few then he was off to play. The bottom third of the tree was decorated to perfection when they were through! :) The next day I went around and spread out the ornaments thinking they wouldn't notice. I was WRONG! The first thing Madeleine said when she came in the door from school was "who moved my fairy ornaments????" So much for that.

I'm hoping to post some picture of the house decorations this week. It took me FOREVER this year to get things just right, but I'm quite happy with how it all turned out! Here's a sneak peak at my mantle.....

No comments: