Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving

Okay, this is long overdue but here's our Thanksgiving in review....

Harrison's school had a Thanksgiving Feast and Program this year that was too cute! His class dressed up like pilgrims and sang a pilgrim song. While Harrison didn't sing, he did stand there and look cute, so I was a happy momma. Toward the end of the song he spotted me and yelled out "mommy!" which made me smile. :)

After the program we joined the other kids and parents for a traditional Thanksgiving meal which was yummy! The teachers did such a wonderful job preparing lots of goodies for us! I enjoyed it all. Harrison enjoyed his Oreos. Oh how I love that boy!


This year was our year to spend Thanksgiving with my family so off to Little Rock we headed! I think Madeleine was glad to have a break from school for the week and the kids had such fun playing at Mimi and Grandads. Madeleine's class had been talking about Thanksgiving a lot, so she was really excited about it! She knew all about the pilgrims and indians and the first thanksgiving which made it even more fun. She was such a good helper getting ready this year too! She set the table pretty much by herself and was so proud of herself!

Although Matt worked a good part of the week, we both enjoyed some R&R while Mimi and Grandad watched over our kids! It was a treat to get to sleep a little later and nap during the day. You'd often find us like this:
or this:
Our dinner was delicious with all the traditional thanksgiving fare....my mom and I are believers that you just don't mess with the traditional thanksgiving food. I'll admit that I look forward all year to the dressing -- it's my favorite thing on the menu! If only I had more room to eat more this year! :)
Friday afternoon we headed up to Searcy to visit Matt's family. The kids had a great time playing with their cousin, Emery, and I was so proud of how good Madeleine was with her! She's going to be such a great big sister to this baby! We pretty much just hung out and chatted while the kids played which was so nice. It seems like there's never enough time to catch up.
If you'll look closely you can see Harrison playing doll house with his wild animals! That boy!




Saturday we did some more Christmas shopping and I can say that I'm almost finished! Now for the wrapping.....it's going to take me DAYS (but I absolutely love wrapping gifts!).

No comments: