Saturday, December 12, 2009

Just the Girls

This afternoon Madeleine and I had a very special date to see the new Disney princess movie -- The Princess and the Frog. To say she was excited would be quite an understatement!! She's been looking forward to this for such a long time....and I have too. This was Madeleine's first movie-theater experience and I couldn't wait to share it with her.

After getting the necessary movie snacks we took our seats and waited for the show to start. She could hardly be still, but as soon as the movie came on she was captivated! I'll never forget watching her cover her mouth in laughter at the funny parts and grin so big at the kiss-y parts. She sat so still through the entire show, occassionally reaching over to hug me or smile at me. It was wonderful!

As we left the theater, we saw some other kids going in and Madeleine remarked to me that they'd missed the show. When I explained to her that it plays over and over, she wanted to go back in and see it again! So, I think we'll be seeing this again soon! :)

No comments: