Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Harrison is 3!!!

I can't believe how fast time flies! Today our little guy celebrated his 3rd birthday. I don't know why, but the 3rd and 5th birthdays have seemed the hardest for me to accept -- to me they are the ages when such big changes seem to occur. Harrison's lost all of his baby-ness and is such a little boy these days!

Since we didn't do a big party this year, we had a birthday extraordinaire planned with just the 4 of us! We started the big day by heading to Krispy Kreme for snowman donuts -- yummy!
Our next stop was Jump Zone -- holding our breaths the entire time that no one would throw up after the amount of donuts we ate! Madeleine was so excited to be there. I think she was already jumping before I'd finished filling out the release forms! :)


Harrison was all talk and then when we got there, he refused to go on anything. Finally Matt coerced him into going down a slide -- something he probably later regretted. After one slide Harrison was hooked! He wanted Matt to take him up/down all the slides. Poor Matt was exhausted!
Here's one of the moments Madeleine slowed down for a second so I could snap a picture! That girl was fearless and it was sooooo good for her to get out and burn off some energy. :)
What's making Harrison smile???
This Batman slide. He probably did it at least 20 times!!! Eventually, Matt went and sat in the back and I'd head Harrison his direction and he'd keep an eye on him going up the slide and I'd watch him coming down. He wore himself out!!

After 2 hours at Jump Zone we headed to the Promenade to ride the carousel. We'd hoped to ride the train, but it wasn't open that day....so we settled for 3 rounds on the carousel. I made the first ride before realizing that pregnancy and spinning around don't mix well. :) So Matt rode while I waved from the side.
We also took a break from the carousel to ride some of the little rides there.

Harrison had to ride the Razorback!

After heading home and everyone getting a nice looooong nap it was time for presents! Harrison was so excited to tear into everything!! He's so sweet -- he always says "thank you" -- and gave lots of hugs.
Playing with his new dinosaur magnet book.

Opening his new remote-controlled car.....he LOVED this toy! I've been waiting for weeks to give it to him! I only wish I'd gotten 2 since Madeleine loves it too.
Opening his new play-doh set and sporting his new racecar slippers.
After more presents it was time for cake! Harrison saw this Thomas Cake at Rick's back in September and it's been all he's talked about for months. Anytime we'd mention his birthday he'd remind us that he's going to have a Thomas Cake. And, his reaction was priceless when we got it out! He was so excited!!
He at his piece then hijacked mine and ate it too.
Madeleine waiting excitedly for her piece.



It was the perfect day! I wouldn't change one thing about it and I think Harrison feels the same!

No comments: